Audition for the Bachelor of Music, Music Education Concentration
Music Education Interview and Audition (3 parts)
- Interview: Students are required to interview with members of the Music Education faculty. Your audition will be 10 minutes in length. Make sure to sign up for an interview slot when you register for your audition.
- Skills Test: After your interview, you will be asked to take a basic skills test for diagnostic purposes:
- Sightsinging, including singing a few short diatonic melodies and short pitch matching exercises.
- Keyboard proficiency, including sight reading a simple two-hand exercise.
- Instrument Audition: prepare the required materials for your principal instrument.
- PLEASE NOTE: In addition to the CSU Music audition, students must apply to CSU through the Office of Admissions.
Suggested Preparation for Your Music Education Interview
- Formal dress is recommended.
- Come prepared to discuss your reasons for pursuing music education, your personal goals, and any experience you have working with kids.
- Bring 1-2 questions you have about the degree program.