Talent-based scholarships are available to music majors, based on the level of their entrance audition and the availability of funds in each applied music area.
- Talent-based scholarships are awarded based on audition day results. There is no separate audition for talent-based scholarships.
- Scholarship recipients are required to participate in two major performing organizations. The extent of participation depends on your instrument or voice, and the decision of the music faculty. Ensemble placement auditions are held each fall and spring. Audition details.
- Students receiving awards must fulfill their scholarship obligation in the instrumental, vocal, or keyboard area specific to their scholarship.
- Scholarships are renewable for up to four years and start at $500.
- Scholarships are credited directly to your university student account.
CSU Scholarship Application and Financial Aid
Although all auditioning students are considered for scholarships as part of the audition process, students must also complete the CSU Scholarship Application. Information on the application can be found at financialaid.colostate.edu.
CSU Marching Band Scholarship
Each member selected for participation in the Colorado State University Marching Band (wind/percussion/colorguard/Golden Poms) is eligible to receive a $615 scholarship during the fall semester. The scholarship is contingent upon registration (full-time university status) as well as enrollment in MU 204 (Marching Band). Additional scholarships are available for those who audition and are selected for the Presidential Pep Band (fall) and Basketball Pep Bands (fall/spring). CSU Marching Band details.