Visit CSU Music
CSU Music Tours and Visits
Prospective student tours are offered most weekdays from 11 a.m. to noon. You can sign up for a tour on the Office of Admissions website. Parking passes are available when you register.
We currently offer daily tours at 11 a.m., and tours last about an hour. Once you register for a tour, we will reach out via email about additional itinerary options such as a sample lesson, rehearsal observation, and concert tickets (options vary based on the time of year). Please check your email after you register for your visit!
From I-25, take exit 268/Prospect Rd. and turn left (West). Continue past the major intersections of Timberline and Lemay. Continue approx. one mile west of Lemay, and turn right on Remington, the last stoplight before College Ave. The University Center for the Arts (UCA) will be on your right. If you miss Remington and come to Taco Bell, turn right on College Ave. and then right on Lake St. The UCA will be on your left.
- On-the-street parking is located on all four sides of the University Center for the Arts. Diagonal parking directly adjacent to the UCA is designated as all-day parking. Parallel parking spaces across the street from the UCA are designated as 2-hour parking.
- Except on the weekends, a pass is required to park in the UCA parking lots. The lot on the Northeast side of the building is the easiest place to park. Visitors may purchase a day pass at parking.colostate.edu
- If you choose to park in the on-street parking, please observe signage and fire lane areas so you aren’t ticketed and/or towed.
Some suggestions for food and coffee
Coffee and Smoothie Shops
- Dazbog, 830 S. College, 2-minute drive, 11-minute walk from the UCA.
- Starbucks, 1708 S. College, 3-minute drive, 11-minute walk from the UCA
- Smoothie King
- Human Bean Drive-through
- Harbinger Coffee is a cozy hang out with great pour-over.
- Wolverine Farm Publick House: CSU alumni-owned. Coffee, light food, wine, beer, and a bookstore. Great place to hang out.
- Bindle: Buzzy local coffee shop with breakfast sandwiches and morning buns (order ahead and pick up or hang out).
- Bawarchi Biryanis (Indian), 1611 S. College Ave., 10 minute walk from the UCA
- Big Al's Burgers and Dogs, 140 W. Mountain
- Big City Burrito, 510 S. College Ave.
- Blue Agave (upscale Mexican - get the pablano corn chowder!), 201 S. College
- Café Mexicali (SoCal Mexican food: counter service with sit-down space - get the white habanero queso!)
- Colorado Kolache Company
- Music City Hot Chicken, 111 W. Prospect, 10-minute walk from the UCA
- Ginger and Baker (breakfast all day, American dinner, house-made pies), 359 Linden St.
- Nick's Italian: lunch pick-up counter, sit-down dinner. Delicious and CSU alumni-owned
- Tasty Harmony (vegan and veggie-friendly comfort food)
- Taqueria Los Comales (street tacos), 111 W. Prospect, 10 minute walk from the UCA
- Lucile’s (breakfast and lunch, the best breakfast in town, some say), 400 S. Meldrum
- St. Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, 125 S. College
- Silver Grill Café (breakfast, great cinnamon rolls), 218 Walnut St.
- Slice Pizzeria, 163 W. Mountain Ave.
- Steakout Saloon (dive bar with great burgers and fries), 152 W. Mountain Ave.
- The Post (all forms of chicken)
- Tom Kha Thai, 144 N. Mason St.
- Walrus (local ice cream), 125 W. Mountain Ave.
- Taco Bell is the closest!
- Old Town Churn in the Exchange: fabulous outdoor space with lots of wonderful food options (try the vegan salted oreo ice cream!)
- Walrus Ice Cream - a Fort Collins institution
- Mary's Mountain Cookies - ice cream sandwich, oh yeah!
Things To Do
Visit Horsetooth Reservoir: Head West on Prospect to Overland Trail, then South to 42C Dixon Canyon Road. Turn West and drive up and enjoy the views!
Wander around Old Town Fort Collins: Head North on College to visit Old Town, which inspired Walt Disney to create his “Main Street.” You will find lots of shops, food, and ambiance.
Take a Hike! We have so many great hikes! Arthur's Rock is a favorite and you can find it close by in Lory State Park. Another suggestion is the Horsetooth Rock area - take the lower hike to the waterfall or head up for a little more of a challenge.