Dr. Seth Pendergast
- Dr. Pendergast published both "Research-to-Resource: Two Motivation Frameworks for Encouraging School Choral Participation” for The Choral Journal and “Creative Music-Making with Digital Audio Workstations” in Music Educator’s Journal.
- Dr. Pendergast appeared on the Choralosophy Podcast to discuss the "Encouraging School Choral Participation" article. Listen to the podcast here.
Dr. Bonnie Jacobi
Dr. Jacobi and three senior B.M. Music Education majors John Andretsos, Cass Brandiff, and Jake Elam co-presented a session at the National Conference of the American Eurhythmics Society on Saturday, October 9. Read more here.
Dr. Erik Johnson
Recent Peer-Reviewed Publications:
- Johnson, E., & LaGasse, A. B. (2021). Musical Creativity in Autism: Exploring Growth through Collaborative Peer Interaction. International Journal of Disability, Development and Education, 1-15.
- Pellegrino, K., Johnson, E., Waggoner, C., Powell, S. (2021). Trends Associated with Music
- Teacher Professional Identity Transitions. In P. Jelnick (ed), Applications of Teacher Identity Development in the United States. Rowman & Littlefield.
- Johnson, E., Herman, C. (in-press). Peer-Assisted Learning Techniques for the Secondary Instrumental Music Educator. Oxford University Press.
Recent double blind, peer-reviewed research presentations at national and international conferences:
- "Music Teacher Identity Transitions Between Preservice And The First Three Years Of Teaching"
- Research Presentation at the World Conference of the International Society for Music Education 2022 (ISME2022) Scientific Committee
- “To Teach or Not to Teach? The Impact of COVID-19 on Music Teachers’ Career Decisions”
- Research Presentation at the American Educators Research Association (AERA 2022)
Dr. Johnson's recent teaching and research awards:
- Dr. Johnson was the 2021 winner of the College of Liberal Arts "Engaged Scholarship Award" for his ongoing work with the Middle School Outreach Ensembles (MSOE) and Trying-on-Teaching programs.
- Dr. Johnson was honored by the National Residence Hall Association chapter at CSU (2021-2022 school year) for “Dedicated Excellence in Undergraduate and Graduate Student Mentorship and Advising”