Audition Day Details
We’re looking forward to seeing you at an upcoming Music Audition Day. Please review the information on this page in its entirety.
Please let us know if you're no longer auditioning.
If you wish to confirm your audition time, login to your getaccept.com account. Under the resources tab, you should see “My Schedule.” If you can see your CSU audition on there, then we are expecting you. If you do not see an audition time listed, please let us know and we’ll help you get one scheduled.
Be sure to arrive at the UCA at least 30 minutes prior to your audition. When you arrive, you MUST check in with us. No matter which entrance you use to enter the building, signs will guide you to the registration table. We will have practice rooms and warm up spaces available on a first-come-first-served basis.
Room assignments and session instructions will be provided upon check-in along with a map of the building. Your audition session consists of your performance audition, an interview with faculty from Music Education or Music Therapy (only for students seeking those majors), and a short, one-page music theory diagnostic exam (this exam does not affect your admission to the program).
If you have any further questions about audition day, please don’t hesitate to contact us at SMTD@colostate.edu. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Additional Audition Day Activities
Beyond your scheduled time(s) with our faculty, please consider attending these additional optional audition day activities:
- 10-11 a.m. — Question and answer session with the director of the school and/or key advisor. This session is open to students and parents, and focuses on answering parent’s questions. You may enter and leave the optional session at any time.
- 11:30 a.m. – noon — Round table discussion for each instrument area. This is an opportunity to talk in depth with professors and have specific questions answered.
- 12:15 p.m. — 30 minute tour of the University Center for the Arts; starts in the Griffin Lobby.
- *2:30-3:30 p.m. — Question and answer session with the the director of the school and/or key advisor. This session is open to students and parents, and focuses on answering parent’s questions. You may enter and leave the optional session at any time.
* Jan. 18 Audition Day does not include this option.
University Center for the Arts
1400 Remington Street
Fort Collins, CO 80524
From I-25, take exit 268/Prospect Rd. and turn left (West). Continue past the major intersections of Timberline and Lemay. Continue approx. one mile west of Lemay, and turn right on Remington, the last stoplight before College Ave. The University Center for the Arts (UCA) will be on your right. If you miss Remington and come to Taco Bell, turn right on College Ave. and then right on Lake St. The UCA will be on your left.
- On-the-street parking is located on all four sides of the University Center for the Arts. Diagonal parking directly adjacent to the UCA is designated as all-day parking. Parallel parking spaces across the street from the UCA is designated as 2-hour parking. The parking lots are not enforced on Saturdays. The lot on the Northeast side of the building is the easiest place to park.
- Registration takes place in the lobby of Griffin Concert Hall in the Northwest area of the first floor and signage will be placed at each entrance to the UCA.