Audition Day Details
Check-In for In-person Auditions
We’re looking forward to seeing you at an upcoming Music Audition Day at the University Center for the Arts (UCA). Please review the information on this page in its entirety.
If you wish to confirm your audition time, login to your getaccept.com account. Under the resources tab, you should see “My Schedule.” If you can see your CSU audition session time, then we are expecting you. If you do not see an audition time listed, please schedule a timeslot or let us know and we’ll help you get one scheduled.
Be sure to arrive at the University Center for the Arts at least 30 minutes prior to your audition. When you arrive, you MUST check in with us. Check-in is located in the Griffin Lobby at the Northwest area of the building on the first floor. Directional signage will be at each entrance to the UCA.
No matter which entrance you use to enter the building, signs will guide you to the check-in table. We will have practice rooms and warm up spaces available on a first-come-first-served basis.
Room assignments and session instructions will be provided upon check-in, along with a map of the building.
Your audition session consists of your playing audition and interview with instrument area faculty, an interview with Music Education or Music Therapy faculty (only for students seeking those majors), and a short, one-page music theory diagnostic exam (this exam is simply an assessment and does not affect your admission to the program).
- Please let us know if you're no longer auditioning.
If you have any further questions about audition day, please don’t hesitate to contact us at SMTD@colostate.edu. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Audition Day Tour and Music FAQ
Beyond your scheduled time(s) with our faculty, we are offering a tour of our performance and rehearsal spaces and an information session about majoring or minoring in music. Please register for the tour portion of audition day here:
- Saturday, Jan. 21, noon – 12:45 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 11, noon – 12:45 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 18, noon – 12:45 p.m.
Audition Day Info Tables
On audition days, you may talk to the following areas and organizations at tables in the Griffin Lobby from 1-3 p.m.
University Center for the Arts
1400 Remington Street
Fort Collins, CO 80524
From I-25, take exit 268/Prospect Rd. and turn left (West). Continue past the major intersections of Timberline and Lemay. Continue approx. one mile west of Lemay, and turn right on Remington, the last stoplight before College Ave. The University Center for the Arts (UCA) will be on your right. If you miss Remington and come to Taco Bell, turn right on College Ave. and then right on Lake St. The UCA will be on your left.
- On-the-street parking is located on all four sides of the University Center for the Arts. Diagonal parking directly adjacent to the UCA is designated as all-day parking. Parallel parking spaces across the street from the UCA is designated as 2-hour parking. The parking lots are not enforced on Saturdays. The lot on the Northeast side of the building is the easiest place to park.
- If you choose to park in the on-street parking, please observe signage and fire lane areas so you aren’t ticketed and/or towed.