We're looking for the new VOICE of the CSU Marching Band! If you (or someone you know) love the band, want to have an important and on-going role with the program, and are an alum with a great announcer voice, then you might be the next “VOICE of the CSUMB.”
The band seeks an individual with the ability to excite crowds and create an iconic game-day experience. The new “VOICE” will have press box access for all games, will travel free of charge with the CSUMB on away games, bowl games, and other special performances, and spend game day with the band.
- Must be an alum of the CSU Marching Band
- Must be available for all CSU Marching Band major performances:
- Saturday, Sept. 10
- Saturday, Sept. 24
- Saturday, Oct. 15
- Monday, Oct. 17 – CBA North Regional
- Saturday, Oct. 29
- Saturday, Nov. 12
- Friday, Nov. 25
- Must attend game-day rehearsal in Canvas Stadium (six hours before kick-off) to practice reading through the script for at least the first game of the season.
- Must attend one rehearsal the week of each game to practice the script with a run through.
- This is not a paid position.
- Applicants must submit a voice recording of themselves reading a pre-game and halftime show script and participate in a short interview via Zoom.
If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please fill out the following application. The deadline for submitting an application and recording is Monday, Aug. 29.