2023 CMEA Continuing Education Credit Details
As a unique benefit to those attending the annual Colorado Music Educators Association conference in Colorado Springs, Colorado State University will once again offer Continuing Education Unit Credit during the 2022 event being held at the Broadmoor Jan. 25-28, 2023. The credit can be used for re-licensure, and salary step increment.
CSU representatives will available for assistance at the conference on Wednesday, Jan. 25, 3-5 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 27, 7:45 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Friday, Jan. 28, 7:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Please visit our table in the CMEA main registration area.
- $115: 1-credit hour (attendance/reflections on 13 units of CMEA sessions)
- $230: 2-credit hours (attendance/reflections on 26 units of CMEA sessions)
- Registration deadline: February 15, 2023
- Your summary and reflections about each unit (approx. an hour of instruction) can be submitted electronically through email or via Canvas, CSU's online course portal.
- The online assignment allows for attending 13/26 sessions, including workshops, concerts, masterclasses, lectures, and all professional organization meetings.
- Each reflection should be a brief, one-two paragraph reflection summarizing content and applicability to your work as a music educator.
- Reflections must be submitted to Adam.Torres@colostate.edu by Feb. 15, 2023
- Grades will be assessed and posted as Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory. Grades will be submitted to the Registrars Office by March 6, 2023. If your submitted assignment is assessed as Unsatisfactory,, the instructor will reach out with specific feedback and give you an opportunity to reach Satisfactory status by March 6.
A Message from the Instructor
On behalf of the School of Music, Theatre, and Dance at Colorado State University, I hope this message finds you well in advance of the 2023 CMEA Clinic/Conference. Whether you are a first time conference goer or a seasoned CMEA vet, I know there will be an abundance of sessions designed to inspire innovation and enhance your skills as a music educator.
Part of CSU’s presence at CMEA includes our offering of MU 590D, continuing education credits offered as an option to you. This is a great (and relatively inexpensive) course to use for moving up the pay scale ladder or towards recertification hours. And, for the first time since 2020, I’ll be at the conference to answer any questions you might have; I’d like to encourage you to stop by our booth and say hi, it’s always great to put a face to a name.
Registration for CSU CMEA Continuing Educations (MU 590D) can be found here. Registrations and assignments should be completed by February 15, 2023 (though a large majority of students will register before/during the workshop and submit their assignment one to two days after).
The syllabus and MU 590D assignment should answer most questions but please feel free to reach out with any specific questions regarding this year’s CMEA continuing education credits through CSU. Again, thank you for everything you do to keep music alive in the hearts and minds of a future generation of leaders, artists, and music patrons.
- Senior Instructor of Music
- Director, Summer Residency MM Program (Conducting) for Music Educators