2023 CMEA Continuing Education Credit Details
As a unique benefit to those attending the annual Colorado Music Educators Association conference in Colorado Springs, Colorado State University will once again offer Continuing Education Unit Credit during the 2022 event being held at the Broadmoor Jan. 25-28, 2023. The credit can be used for re-licensure, and salary step increment.
CSU representatives will available for assistance at the conference on Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2-5 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 27, 7:45 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Friday, Jan. 28, 7:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Please visit our table in the CMEA main registration area.
- $115: 1-credit hour (attendance/reflections on 13 units of CMEA sessions)
- $230: 2-credit hours (attendance/reflections on 26 units of CMEA sessions)
- Registration deadline: February 15, 2023
- Your summary and reflections about each unit (approx. an hour of instruction) can be submitted electronically through email or via Canvas, CSU's online course portal.
- The online assignment allows for attending 13/26 sessions, including workshops, concerts, masterclasses, lectures, and all professional organization meetings.
- Each reflection should be a brief, one-two paragraph reflection summarizing content and applicability to your work as a music educator.
- Reflections must be submitted to Adam.Torres@colostate.edu by Feb. 20, 2023
- Grades will be assessed and posted as Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory. Grades will be submitted to the Registrars Office by March 6, 2023. If your submitted assignment is assessed as Unsatisfactory,, the instructor will reach out with specific feedback and give you an opportunity to reach Satisfactory status by March 6.
A Message from the Instructor
On behalf of the School of Music, Theatre, and Dance at Colorado State University, I hope this message finds you well.
I am excited to see you at the annual CMEA conference in 2023. CSU will once again offer continuing education credits for you. As you know, this is a great (and relatively inexpensive) course to use for moving up the pay scale ladder or towards recertification hours.
Like last year, CSU Online will make absolutely no exceptions for late registrations. My advice is to register well in advance so that we can troubleshoot any issues prior to the hard registration deadline of Feb. 15, 2023.
Please contact me with any specific questions regarding this year’s CMEA continuing education credits through CSU. Again, thank you for everything you do to keep music alive in the hearts and minds of a future generation of leaders, artists, and music patrons.