End of the year, the start of summer!

This is finals week at CSU, the end of the semester, and the end of the academic year. I hope it was a good year for all of you!

At CSU, it was a busy year of teaching, performing, and planning for next year. I am very proud of the work that our students have done this year, from orchestra concerts to opera to chamber music and recitals. Both graduate quartets gave outstanding concerts, and I look forward to next year’s ensembles.

So what are your plans for the summer? Classes, summer festivals, time with family? Make sure that you take time for yourself this summer, as the fall will be here before we know it. I will be coaching for a two-week program in Ft. Collins called Just Chamber Music, teaching at the Lamont Academy at the University of Denver, coaching at PlayWeek West, and playing for the Summer Conducting Masters Seminar at CSU. Oh yes, and starting work on my recital in early Oct.

I am looking forward to welcoming new students to the viola studio this year, and helping them grow as musicians and people. I hope your summer is relaxing and productive! See you all in Aug.

Best,
Margaret Miller