Mozart is here.

The ensemble is thoroughly delighted by Salzburg and it’s rich arts culture and history. The fourth largest city in Austria boasts over 4,000 music, theatre, dance, and art events and exhibitions each year, including the famous Salzburg Music Festival.

statue of Mozart

For any group of musicians and music professors, a pilgrimage to the city’s Mozart landmarks is essential and emotional. Significant destinations for the group included the Geburtshaus (birth house), the Wohnhaus (a later residence), St. Sebastian’s cemetery, the burial site of Mozart’s father Leopold and wife Constanze, and Mozartplatz, featuring the composer’s statue, unveiled in 1842. “Michl march, Mozart is here,” was enthusiastically proclaimed at the time!

Burial site of Leopold Mozart and other Mozart relatives

“I have goosebumps,” “It brings tears to my eyes,” and “I’m incredibly grateful to be here,” were all overheard by this blogger; I had my own special moment with the opening to the Requiem Mass running through my head as I meandered through the historic cobbled streets of the Altstadt (Old Town).

This incredible and picturesque city has much to offer, and much more for us to discover!

Click here to view more pictures.

~ posted by Jennifer Clary